Kerry is an honours graduate in architecture from UNSW having previously completed a Diploma in (Fine) Art. She first worked with Hill Thalis in 1994, collaborating on a public domain and community consultation project in regional NSW. Since that time Kerry has worked on architectural projects of varying scale concentrating on medium and high density residential, mixed commercial, and aged care projects, as well as urban design and master planning projects.
Kerry has design review experience with several metropolitan councils. She is a current member of Ku-ring-gai Council urban design panel, reviewing applications ranging from major regional projects, high density and medium density housing, aged housing, affordable housing, mixed use, educational, and commercial projects. Kerry was a member of the interim Design Review Panel for Liverpool City Council and has undertaken urban design reviews of development applications for Rockdale and Camden Councils.
Kerry has experience providing expert opinion for Land and Environment Court appeals for medium and high-density residential development, aged housing and affordable housing projects.
Kerry maintains an active interest in improving urban policy to achieve more sustainable, climate sensitive, liveable, healthier and more equitable cities.
Kerry has worked as project leader on a diverse range of projects including:
- Midway Shopping Centre – Development Application, Documentation, Construction for alterations and additions as a long-term staged development
- Development Application and Documentation for Randwick Apartments, a mixed use building including 31 apartments in a heritage precinct
- Development Application through to site work for Coastal Apartments in Cronulla
- Hurstville Grove Houses – Development Application, Construction Certificate, SEPP 5 report and Land & Environment Court approval for 26 aged care dwellings
- Site Rezoning, Development Application for 48 apartments in Kogarah
- Development Application and Heritage Report for adaptive re-use and large scale alterations and additions to a large residence in Blakehurst
- DCP for two Local Centres for Ku-ring-gai Council
- DCP for Liverpool City Council
- Development Plan for the Parramatta Transport Precinct – for Transport Infrastructure and Development Corporation
- Feasibility for adaptive re-use of facilities above a transport hub for City of Sydney
- Detailed Concept Plan and Master Plan for 4 hectare aged housing redevelopment with adaptive re-use of heritage items lodged under Part 3A Major Projects
- Urban Design layout for 23 hectare estate in Albion Park
She has worked on feasibility studies for a wide range of medium-scale mixed use, commercial and residential developments throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area.
Kerry has also worked on a range of single residential projects in North Curl Curl, Naremburn, Manly, Mosman and Willow Tree.